Iggy’s Ravens Report – January 2, 2013
In a virtually meaningless game, the Ravens lost to the Bengals, on an afternoon where both sides rested key players to get healthy for the playoffs. Next up is the Colts on Sunday afternoon, where a healthy diet of Rice and Pierce could go a long way to making the next round of playoffs in either New England or Denver, since Houston collapsed worse than the Ravens in December… In other news, Ray Lewis announced that he will retire at the end of the season.
The Baltimore Sun named Buck Showalter “Marylander of the Year.”
Nothing to report.
The Blast (10-2) defeated Rochester 17-4 to close out a 3 game road trip. The Blast will host the Lancers against this weekend, for back to back games on Friday and Saturday night.
Chesapeake Bayhawks: (Home games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
MLL draft set for January 11 in Philadelphia at the US Lacrosse National Convention. Admission is free, and the keynote speaker before the draft is Dick Vermeil… The Chesapeake Bayhawks will be hosting their 7th Annual Open Tryout for prospective players to be invited to Preseason Training Camp. Players must be registered in the MLL Player Pool to participate.
The Charm will open the 2013 season at Jacksonville on May 25.
Capitals (See website for more details):
NHL and union talk about adding more(?!?) playoff teams [Which is bordering on little league where everyone makes the playoffs. What's next? Double elimination?]
Wizards (See website for more details):
The Wizards won last friday to break their 8-game losing streak, but have embarked on another slide of 2 games, so far.
Mystics (See website for more details):
Nothing to report.
D.C.United (See website for more details):
DC to open at Houston on March 2 with their first home game a week later against Real Salt Lake. Game 3 will be in New York on March 16. Game times are TBD, and the rest of the schedule has yet to be released.
What do you want to see in the Ravens report? What should be scrapped? Actually, never mind. No one is reading this anyway so you probably won’t know the difference. Send an email to iggy at tealdragon.net. Thanks!
|Thursday, August 9, 2012||@Atlanta Falcons||7:30 PM||W 31-17|
|Friday, August 17, 2012||Detroit Lions||8:00 PM||L 27-12|
|Thursday, August 23, 2012||Jacksonville Jaguars||7:30 PM||W 48-17|
|Thursday, August 30, 2012||@Saint Louis Rams||8:00 PM||L 31-17|
|2012 Regular Season|
|Monday, September 10, 2012||Cincinnati Bengals||18-14 Overall, 11-6 Home||7:00 PM||W 44-13|
|Sunday, September 16, 2012||@Philadelphia Eagles||1-1-1 Overall, 1-0-1 Away||1:00 PM||L 24-23|
|Sunday, September 23, 2012||New England Patriots||1-7 Overall, 0-2 Home||8:20 PM||W 31-30|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012||Cleveland Browns||19-7 Overall, 10-3 Home||8:20 PM||W 23-16|
|Sunday, October 7, 2012||@Kansas City Chiefs||3-3 Overall, 2-0 Away||1:00 PM||W 9-6|
|Sunday, October 14, 2012||Dallas Cowboys||3-0 Overall, 2-0 Home||1:00 PM||W 31-29|
|Sunday, October 21, 2012||@Houston Texans||6-0 Overall, 3-0 Away||1:00 PM||L 43-13|
|Sunday, November 4, 2012||@Cleveland Browns||19-7 Overall, 9-4 Away||1:00 PM||W 25-15|
|Sunday, November 11, 2012||Oakland Raiders||6-1 Overall, 4-0 Home||1:00 PM||W 55-20|
|Sunday, November 18, 2012||@pittsburgh steelers||14-21 Overall, 6-12 Away||8:20 PM||W 13-10|
|Sunday, November 25, 2012||@San Diego Chargers||4-4 Overall, 2-4 Away||4:05 PM||W 16-13 OT|
|Sunday, December 2, 2012||pittsburgh steelers||15-21 Overall, 8-9 Home||4:25 PM||L 23-20|
|Sunday, December 9, 2012||@Washington Redskins||3-1 Overall, 2-1 Away||1:00 PM||L 31-28 OT|
|Sunday, December 16, 2012||Denver Broncos||6-3 Overall, 5-0 Home||1:00 PM||L 34-17|
|Sunday, December 23, 2012||New York Giants||3-1 Overall, 1-0 Home||4:25 PM||W 33-14|
|Sunday, January 30, 2012||@Cincinnati Bengals||18-14 Overall, 7-9 Away||1:00 PM||L 23-17|
|2012 Post Season|
|Sunday, January 6||Indianapolis Colts||3-9 Overall, 3-4 Home||1:00 PM||-|
- NFL: Tie Breaking Procedures
- Johnny Road Trip NFL Schedules 2010-2017
- PrintYourBrackets.com Good source of printable team schedules
- NFL Rule Book
- Week 17:
- Baltimore (+2.5) over Cincinnati. Game could go either way with virtually no playoff implications on the line. Baltimore has the hope of a 3 seed, but nothing more. By the Stats, the Ravens should have won, but the game didn’t matter
- Buffalo over Jets (+3.5). Both teams have given up at this point. Bills are at home. Yawn.
- Saints over Carolina (+5.5). Points intrigued me, but Saints are at home, playing for pride. Carolina runs up the score, and then barely holds on.
- Falcons over Tampa (+6.5). Falcons look to defend undefeated Home record. Atlanta gives up home unbeaten streak.
- stealers over Browns (+6.5), but take the points. Grudge match for 2 irrelevant teams, as squealers look to avenge loss a month ago. Last game of the season for the stealers!
- Houston over Indy (+6.5), but take the points. Houston needs win to clinch bye, and number 1 seed. Indy has nothing to gain. Houston loses game, and first round bye.
- Tennessee over Jax (+4.5), but take the points. Jags have covered 5 times this season as the underdog. Jax took an early lead, and then quit.
- Giants over Eagles (+7.5), but take the points. Giants need win and a boat load of help to make the playoffs, but Eagles are upset minded. Giants blow out Eagles in hopes of making the playoffs through fate. Didn’t happen.
- Bears over Detroit (+3.5). Detroit blows another season. Lions score late to cover the spread.
- Packers over Minnesota (+3.5), but take the points. Green Bay needs win to clinch a bye, but Vikings need win to clinch playoffs. Say it with me, “Discount Double Check!” Peterson comes 8 yards short of single season rushing record, and sets up rematch next week in Green Bay as the Packers lose first round bye.
- Pats over Fins (+10.5), but take the points. Miami is 7-3 as the dog this season, against the spread. Pats blank fins to claim first round bye.
- Niners over Arizona (+16.5). San Fran was 24-3 IN Arizona earlier this season, and look to clinch Division with a win, after embarrassing prime time loss to Seattle last week. Late score allows zona to cover.
- Chargers over Oakland (+6.5). Raiders rarely even cover the spread. Oakland scores late to cover.
- Broncos over KC (+15.5). KC has a good D, but no offense. Manning to run up score at home in hopes of top seed, and to lock up first round bye. Denver allows KC to score 3 points, but no more.
- Seattle over Rams (+10.5), but take the points. With the way Seattle has been putting points on the board, I may regret that choice, but StL is 10-3 as the dog, against the spread this season, while Seattle is 4-3 as the favorite. Seattle scores late TD to win the game in regulation.
- Dallas (+3.5) over Washington. Dallas has 6th best offense versus Washington’s 28th ranked Defense. Washington has 5th best offense, versus Dallas’s 19th ranked Defense. Boo!
- This Week:: 10-6 Straight Up, and 5-11 Against the Spread
- Season:: 168-88 Straight Up, and 132-124 Against the Spread
- Wild Card Weekend
- Bengals (+4.5) over Houston. Cincinnati has been more consistent of late, while Houston let an apparent insurmountable lead in the standings get wasted.
- Packers over Vikings (+7.5), but take the points. 2nd meeting in 2 weeks should prove to be another close match.
- Baltimore over Colts (+6.5), but take the points. Ravens have home fields, and the advantage, if they play smartly.
- washington (+2.5) over Seattle. Skins are 6-2 as the underdog this season, and they just won’t die.
Please send comments to Iggy at tealdragon.net