Despite horrific officiating, the Ravens found enough luck to advance to the divisional round of playoffs by giving up 400+ yards of total offense, but keeping the colts out of the end zone. Ray Lewis lead the team in tackles, and showed great heart in his last home game with the team, while Ray “flu-like Fumble-itis” Rice should have had a few less carries. The next order is much stiffer, as the significantly underdog Ravens travel to Mile High Denver to face arch-nemesis Peyton Manning, who just schooled us last month. Hopefully playing with more heart and determination, the Ravens will need to depend on more big plays on offensive against a defense much better than Indy, and continue to shut down the opposing QB.
The Orioles are reportedly in talks with the Cubs on a trade that would send JJ Hardy to Chicago for some pitching… Season
ticket holder invoices reportedly went out today.
Coach Marc Trestman is interviewing for head coaching positions with Chicago and Cleveland, after directing the Al’s to 3 Grey Cups (and 2 trophies) in 5 years. Although he under contract until 2016, he could be released if offered an NFL opportunity. Trestman has previous served in the NFL as offensive coordinator with Cleveland, San Francisco, Arizona, and Oakland.
The Blast (12-2) defeated Rochester twice more (23-12 and 15-5), to sweep the mini 3 game mid-season series that started in Rochester last weekend, and ended with 2 home games in Baltimore. Next up is a back to back road series against Chicago and Milwaukee, who, together, are responsible for our only 2 losses in a similar back-to-back road trip in late December.
Chesapeake Bayhawks: (Home games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
MLL draft set for January 11 in Philadelphia at the US Lacrosse National Convention. Admission is free, and the keynote speaker before the draft is Dick Vermeil… The Chesapeake Bayhawks will be hosting their 7th Annual Open Tryout for prospective players to be invited to Preseason Training Camp. Players must be registered in the MLL Player Pool to participate.
The Charm will open the 2013 season at Jacksonville on May 25.
Capitals (See website for more details):
A tentative agreement has been reached could have players reporting to camp as soon as Saturday, with a 48 game scheduled planned to start a week later on January 19.
Wizards (See website for more details):
The Wizards won on Monday night, ending their latest 5 game losing streak.
Mystics (See website for more details):
Nothing to report.
D.C.United (See website for more details):
DC to open at Houston on March 2 with their first home game a week later against Real Salt Lake. Game 3 will be in New York on March 16. Game times are TBD, and the rest of the schedule has yet to be released.
What do you want to see in the Ravens report? What should be scrapped? Actually, never mind. No one is reading this anyway so you probably won’t know the difference. Send an email to iggy at tealdragon.net. Thanks!
|Thursday, August 9, 2012||@Atlanta Falcons||7:30 PM||W 31-17|
|Friday, August 17, 2012||Detroit Lions||8:00 PM||L 27-12|
|Thursday, August 23, 2012||Jacksonville Jaguars||7:30 PM||W 48-17|
|Thursday, August 30, 2012||@Saint Louis Rams||8:00 PM||L 31-17|
|2012 Regular Season|
|Monday, September 10, 2012||Cincinnati Bengals||18-14 Overall, 11-6 Home||7:00 PM||W 44-13|
|Sunday, September 16, 2012||@Philadelphia Eagles||1-1-1 Overall, 1-0-1 Away||1:00 PM||L 24-23|
|Sunday, September 23, 2012||New England Patriots||1-7 Overall, 0-2 Home||8:20 PM||W 31-30|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012||Cleveland Browns||19-7 Overall, 10-3 Home||8:20 PM||W 23-16|
|Sunday, October 7, 2012||@Kansas City Chiefs||3-3 Overall, 2-0 Away||1:00 PM||W 9-6|
|Sunday, October 14, 2012||Dallas Cowboys||3-0 Overall, 2-0 Home||1:00 PM||W 31-29|
|Sunday, October 21, 2012||@Houston Texans||6-0 Overall, 3-0 Away||1:00 PM||L 43-13|
|Sunday, November 4, 2012||@Cleveland Browns||19-7 Overall, 9-4 Away||1:00 PM||W 25-15|
|Sunday, November 11, 2012||Oakland Raiders||6-1 Overall, 4-0 Home||1:00 PM||W 55-20|
|Sunday, November 18, 2012||@pittsburgh steelers||14-21 Overall, 6-12 Away||8:20 PM||W 13-10|
|Sunday, November 25, 2012||@San Diego Chargers||4-4 Overall, 2-4 Away||4:05 PM||W 16-13 OT|
|Sunday, December 2, 2012||pittsburgh steelers||15-21 Overall, 8-9 Home||4:25 PM||L 23-20|
|Sunday, December 9, 2012||@Washington Redskins||3-1 Overall, 2-1 Away||1:00 PM||L 31-28 OT|
|Sunday, December 16, 2012||Denver Broncos||6-3 Overall, 5-0 Home||1:00 PM||L 34-17|
|Sunday, December 23, 2012||New York Giants||3-1 Overall, 1-0 Home||4:25 PM||W 33-14|
|Sunday, January 30, 2012||@Cincinnati Bengals||18-14 Overall, 7-9 Away||1:00 PM||L 23-17|
|2012 Post Season|
|Sunday, January 6||Indianapolis Colts||3-9 Overall, 3-4 Home||1:00 PM||W 24-9|
|Sunday, January 12||Denver Broncos||6-4 Overall, 1-3 Away||4:30 PM||–|
- NFL: Tie Breaking Procedures
- Johnny Road Trip NFL Schedules 2010-2017
- PrintYourBrackets.com Good source of printable team schedules
- NFL Rule Book
- Wild Card Weekend:
- Bengals (+4.5) over Houston. Cincinnati has been more consistent of late, while Houston let an apparent insurmountable lead in the standings get wasted. Houston did just enough to win and cover.
- Packers over Vikings (+7.5), but take the points. 2nd meeting in 2 weeks should prove to be another close match. Contain Peterson, Contain the Vikings.
- Baltimore over Colts (+6.5), but take the points. Ravens have home field, and the advantage, if they play smartly. YEAH!!!
- washington (+2.5) over Seattle. Skins are 6-2 as the underdog this season, and they just won’t die. Hey! Reverse prediction worked! Predicted the skins would win and they lost!
- This Week:: 2-2 Straight Up, and 0-4 Against the Spread
- Season:: 170-90 Straight Up, and 132-128 Against the Spread
- Divisional Playoffs
- Denver over Baltimore (+8.5). Did you think things would get better playing on the road against a team that pounded us the first time around?
- Niners over Packers (+3.5). SF beat them in GB to start the season; will do it again to end their season.
- Seattle (+2.5) over Atlanta. Atlanta has fizzled to end the season, and Seattle is 7-1 as the underdog so far this year.
- Pats over Houston (+9.5). Pats clubbed Houston like a baby seal during the regular season, but expect Houston to put up a bigger fight this time, but still lose.
Please send comments to Iggy at tealdragon.net