Ravens Roost #4 Ellicott City
Formula 4 Success Football Scholarship Program
Who we are:
We’re a Baltimore Ravens fan club committed to the promotion of Baltimore Ravens football and the betterment of our community.
Ravens Roost #4 was originally established in 1959 as Colts Corral #4 and now trades as Ravens Roost #4.
What we do in the community:
We hold several fundraisers and donate over $10,000 each year to various charitable organizations such as Special Olympics Maryland, Believe in Tomorrow Foundation, the Brigance Brigade Fund, the Ray Lewis Foundation, Salvation Army of Howard County, Gilchrist Hospice of Howard County, and more.
About the scholarship program:
We’ve established a scholarship fund that consists of two $1500 scholarships awarded annually. Roost #4 raffles-off two season tickets to Ravens games each year to fund the scholarships. Given that we are a football fan club, the scholarships are to be awarded to two graduating senior high school football players from Howard County.
- Scholarship applications are distributed in the following ways:
- Football coaches from each Howard County high school distribute scholarship applications on behalf of Ravens Roost #4.
- Howard County Scholarship Database.
- Howard County High School Student Services.
- A certificate will be presented to the scholarship recipients at the Ravens Roost #4 annual bull & oyster roast (normally held in March).
- The scholarship money will be deposited directly to the recipient’s college/university on the student’s behalf.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Joel Hampshire, Scholarship Committee Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ravens Roost #4 will annually award two scholarships to graduating Howard County senior high school football players based on the following criteria:
- Each candidate must:
- Be accepted at an accredited institution in any Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree program.
- Plan to attend on a full-time basis.
- Be of sterling character and personal integrity as measured by the list on the Recommendation Form.
- Provide two letters of recommendation:
- One from a school administrator (such as guidance counselor or principal)
- One from a teacher
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the recipient’s college/university on the student’s behalf.
- Presentation of the scholarship awards will take place at the annual Ravens Roost #4 bull and oyster roast (normally held in March).
Please return the completed recommendation form(s) to the following address no later than February 15, 2018:
Attn: Scholarship Program
8329 Elko Dr.
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Please contact Joel Hampshire via e-mail email@example.com (include “Scholarship Program” in the subject of the e-mail) if you have any questions concerning the scholarship program.