The players didn’t seem to understand the importance of this game. Trestman out. Will it make a difference? After all the coordinators have rotated through, what is the one thing that remains constant? Joe Flacco. Average Joe Flacco. Love him. Hate him. Accept him. Your choice. In the end, his numbers are middle of the pack, and will always be so, and it is our near future. Change the O coordinator will hopefully push forward the concept of mixing up the offense to keep the D off balance, and running the ball when running is working. Long season ahead folks, and pitchers don’t report for a while.
Two major free agents for the O’s to contemplate: Wieters and Trumbo. The Orioles have a lot of future depth at catcher, but the future is not here yet. Expect Trumbo to walk after declining our 1-year qualifying offer, and Wieters to test the market before returning to the O’s. He won’t get the nearly $16M he got this year, but the Orioles will value him more than other clubs. If not, the other clubs are overpaying, or the Orioles are pushing the future too early.
The Als (4-10) lost 40-20 on Monday, and are 5 points out of first.
Season opens November 5 at Harrisburg, and home opener is November 11 against Milwaukee.
Chesapeake Bayhawks: (Home games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
Hawks announce their 2017 23-man protected roster.
Capitals (See website for more details):
Season opens on Thursday at pittsburgh.
Wizards (See website for more details):
Regular season stars October 27.
D.C.United (See website for more details):
United held on to 5th place at 10-9-13. 2 games left.
What do you want to see in the Ravens report? What should be scrapped? Actually, never mind. No one is reading this anyway so you probably won’t know the difference. Send an email to iggy at tealdragon.net. Thanks!
- NFL: Tie Breaking Procedures
- Johnny Road Trip NFL Schedules 2010-2017
- PrintYourBrackets.com Good source of printable team schedules
- NFL Rule Book
- Spotrac.com Awesome source of player contracts and impact on salary cap
“Past performance does not guarantee future success, but it sure is the way to bet!”
- Week 5:
- Cardinals over @SF (+3.5), but take the points. Both teams are 1-3 against the spread, so I will go with the odds makers. Niners are putting Kap back at QB next week.
- @Baltimore over Wash (+3.5), but take the points. IF we win, do you think it will be by much? Nightmare realized.
- @MN over Hou (+6.5). Purple power. Undefeated still
- @Mia over TN (+3.5), but take the points. Two teams looking for identity, but fins are undefeated at home (1-0) Titans win.
- NE over @Cle (+10.5). Stats say to take the points, but Brady is back to prove something with his deflated ego. Brady named offensive player of the week. I always find him offensive.
- @pit over Jets (+7.5). They will get medieval on them. Jets had a brief lead, but then I woke up, as did the squealors.
- Phi over @Det (+2.5). Spread should be more. Lions by 1.
- Chi (+4.5) over @Indy. Bears will win road regional rivalry. Colts in OT.
- Atl (+5.5) over @Den. Falcon are the other surprise team of the year; 3-0 as the dog. Got one right!
- @LA over Buf (+2.5). Rams settling in to their new/old home. Bills win again.
- SD (+3.5) over @Oak. Oakland happy to be home after east coast trip, but Charger will be more at home in Oakland. Oakland continue streak.
- Cin over @Dal (+.5). Are the Bengals we know and love back? Not yet. Bungles are back.
- @GB over NYG (+7.5), but take the points. Packers are 0-3 as the favorite, ATS. Odds makers right own. Pack by 7.
- @Car over Tampa (+6.5), but take the points. Panthers 1-4 ATS as the Favorite. Tampa at the buzzer.
- This Week: 6-8 SU, 9-5 ATS
- This Season: 45-32 SU, 42-35 ATS
- Week 6:
- Denver over @SD (+2.5). Denver is the better team.
- @Giants over Baltimore (+3.5), but take the points. Like usual, expect a close game; Giants have lost 2 games on points so far.
- @NE over Cin (+8.5). Pats beat up Browns by 20, and Bengals haven’t been much better so far.
- @Saints (+2.5) over Carolina. Panthers (1-4 as the favorite) couldn’t even beat TB. Saints 2-0 as the dog.
- Squealers over @Fins (+7.5). Shark bait.
- @Chicago over Jags (+2.5). Home team won the toss…
- @Bills over SF (+7.5). Kaps back, but it won’t matter. SF 1-4 as the dog.
- LA (+2.5) over @Detroit. Rams 3-0 as the dog; Lions 0-2 as the favorite.
- @Tennessee over Cle (+6.5), but take the points. Browns covered twice as the dog.
- Eagles over @Washington (+2.5). NFC Home team jinx.
- @Raiders over KC (+.5). Raiders are on the move (or was that the Rams). Both teams 0-2 ATS.
- Atl (+6.5) over @Sea Hawks 2-2 (failed to cover once) as the favorite, but Falcons are 4-0 as the dog (winning all 4 outright).
- Dallas (+4.5) over @Packers. Dallas 2-1 as the dog, Packers 0-4 as the favorite.
- @Houston over Indy (+3.5). Texans 3-1 as the favorite.
- @Cards over Jets (+7.5), but take the points. Both teams have done poorly against the spread and straight up. Flip a coin.
Please send comments to Iggy at tealdragon.net