Iggy’s Baltimore Sports Report – April 28, 2013
After the free agent exodus, the Ravens are back filling through the draft. The first several picks went to top notched defensive players, and then they started working on other future needs. S Elam, ILB Brown, NT Williams, and DE Simon, all have promise for improved range and power on the Ravens Defense. Next, came the backfilling. FB Juszcyk looks to be a future (cheaper) Leach replacement. OT Wagner (5th round), looks to compete for time and possibly even starts to protect Flacco. Sixth and Seventh round acquisitions are primarily depth options, but are all guys that could have gone earlier than they did, once again showing the Ravens prowess in finding value picks in each round. Other analyst list the Ravens as one of the big “winners” in the draft, with predictions that the Defense will actually be better in 2013, than it was in 2012.
The Orioles continue to roll, winning 9 of their last 12 games. Despite having their 17 game extra-inning win streak snapped (amount the tops in MLB history), the O’s are continuing their streak of wins when leading after 7 innings, which just pasted the 100 marks last week, largely boosted by Jim Johnson’s streak of consecutive converted saves, dating back to early last season. The Orioles are staying neck and neck with the yankees for second place in the division, just a couple games behind the surprising Red Sox. The Orioles currently have the third best record in the American League.
|If the Playoffs started today…|
|3||Kansas City||St. Louis|
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
Chesapeake Bayhawks: (Home games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
Kyle Dixon tied MLL record for 3 2-point goals in one game, as he racked up 7 points en route to a 17-14 win against Rochester in St. Petersburg, Florida. The Hawks will host the Lizards on Saturday.
The Charm will open the 2013 season at Jacksonville on May 25.
Capitals (See website for more details):
The Capitals finished the season with the division title, and a 3rd seed. Once again, fate has been cruel, and dealt the Capitals with the Rangers in the first round, who won the season series 2-0-1.
Wizards (See website for more details):
Not looking for any of this depressing information.
Mystics (See website for more details):
Season opens May 27.
D.C.United (See website for more details):
United (1-5-1) lost to Columbus on Saturday, 3-0. Next, DC will host Houston on Wednesday, May 8.
What do you want to see in the Ravens report? What should be scrapped? Actually, never mind. No one is reading this anyway so you probably won’t know the difference. Send an email to iggy at tealdragon.net. Thanks!
|Thursday, August 8, 2013||@Tampa Bay Buccaneers||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, August 15, 2013||Atlanta Falcons||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, August 22, 2013||Carolina Panthers||8:00 PM|
|Thursday, August 29, 2013||@Saint Louis Rams||8:00 PM|
|2013 Regular Season|
|Thursday, September 5, 2013||@Denver Broncos||7-4 Overall, 2-3 Away||8:30 PM|
|Sunday, September 15, 2013||Cleveland Browns||21-7 Overall, 11-3 Home||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, September 22, 2013||Houston Texans||6-1 Overall, 3-0 Home||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, September 29, 2013||@Buffalo Bills||3-2 Overall, 0-1 Away||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, October 6, 2013||@Miami Dolphins||5-5 Overall, 3-4 Away||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, October 13, 2013||Green Bay Packers||1-3 Overall, 1-0 Home||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, October 20, 2013||@pittsburgh steelers||15-22 Overall, 7-12 Away||4:25 PM|
|Sunday, November 3, 2013||@Cleveland Browns||21-7 Overall, 10-4 Away||4:25 PM|
|Sunday, November 10, 2013||Cincinnati Bengals||19-15 Overall, 12-5 Home||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, November 17, 2013||@Chicago Bears||2-2 Overall, 0-2 Away||1:00 PM|
|Sunday, November 24, 2013||New York Jets||7-1 Overall, 5-0 Home||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 28, 2013||pittsburgh steelers||15-22 Overall, 8-10 Home||8:30 PM|
|Sunday, December 8, 2013||Minnesota Vikings||2-2 Overall, 2-1 Home||1:00 PM|
|Monday, December 16, 2013||@Detroit Lions||2-1 Overall, 0-1 Away||8:40 PM|
|Sunday, December 22, 2013||New England Patriots||3-7 Overall, 1-2 Home||8:30 PM|
|Sunday, December 29, 2013||@Cincinnati Bengals||19-15 Overall, 7-10 Away||1:00 PM|
- NFL: Tie Breaking Procedures
- Johnny Road Trip NFL Schedules 2010-2017
- PrintYourBrackets.com Good source of printable team schedules
- NFL Rule Book
- Spotrac.com Awesome source of player contracts and impact on salary cap
“Past performance does not guarantee future success, but it sure is the way to bet!”
- Miami over Milwaukee in 5. Can’t break the Heat, who won 3 of 4 regular season meetings. Heat up 3-0 so far.
- Knicks over Boston in 5. Knicks won regular season match-up 3-1. Knicks up 3-0.
- Indiana over Atlanta in 7. Season series split, so expect home court to play a factor. Pacers up 2-1
- Bulls over Brooklyn in 6. Despite the Nets better record, the Bulls have owned them this season. Bulls up 3-1.
- OKC over Houston in 6. OKC won 2 of 3 this season. OKC up 3-0
- Spurs over Lakers in 6. Lakers barely made the playoffs this year. Spurs up 3-0
- Nuggets over Warriors in 5. Denver won 3 of 4 in the regular season. Warriors up 2-1
- Clippers over Memphis in 5. Clippers just won their first ever division title. Series now tied at 2.
- pens over Senators in 5. pens swept regular season series 3-0.
- Islanders over Montreal in 7. Islanders won 2 of 3 in the regular season. Expect the upset here.
- Rangers over Caps in 6. Despite Caps strong finish, Rangers have had their number.
- Bruins over Leafs in 6. Boston won season series 3-1.
- Chicago over Minnesota in 5. Hawks won presidents trophy, and should make quick work of the Wild.
- Red Wings over Anaheim in 6. Detroit won regular season match-up 2-1.
- Canucks over Sharks in 5. Canucks swept season series, 3-0.
- Kings over Blues in 5. Kings swept season series 3-0.
Please send comments to Iggy at tealdragon.net