Iggy’s Baltimore Sports Report for September 2, 2013
Denver fans have been outraged by the NFL’s promotion of this weeks’ season opening game against the Ravens. Apparently, a larger than life size head shot of Joe Flacco, alongside Peyton Manning has offended their die hard fans to the point where they have taken to deface the poster whenever and where ever possible. Personally, I still get extreme bouts of anger and nausea when they display john elway’s picture ANY WHERE! I also refuse to drink any Coors products since they used him as a spokesman. At least I have real grounds for my anger. Denver Fans? Get over it. It’s only a game!
The Orioles have reached “tilt” in their recent acquisitions which haven’t done anything to resolve the issues of inconsistent pitching and hitting. In baseball, the magic number of runs is 4. Score 4 or more runs, and you should win. Score less than 4 and you should lose. So stop losing 2-0 and 2-1. They need to win those games!!! And don’t get me starting on those 9 blown saves. No one is perfect, but convert 7 of those 9, and we are in first place.
|If the Playoffs started today…|
The Als (3-5, 3rd, 2GB) overcame an early 15-0 deficit to beat BC (6-3) 39-38 on a field goal with no time left. Next game is Tuesday at first place Toronto (5-3).
Nothing to report.
Chesapeake Bayhawks: (Home games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
After Charlotte upset previously undefeated Denver, the Bayhawks took their 2nd straight, and 5th overall title.
The Charm lost to the Philadelphia Passion 20-19 after a blown call by the officials gave Philadelphia one extra play which resulted in the game winning score with no time left. The Chicago Bliss defeated Philadelphia for the LFL title, 34-19.
Capitals (See website for more details):
Nothing to report.
Wizards (See website for more details):
Wizards to host Knicks in Baltimore on October 17 for a preseason game.
Mystics (See website for more details):
Mystics have won 2 in a row, and are in 3rd place, 1 game behind Atlanta for 2nd place in the Eastern Conference. There are 5 games left in the regular season.
D.C.United (See website for more details):
DC’s 2 game win streak was snapped by Philadelphia last night.
What do you want to see in the Ravens report? What should be scrapped? Actually, never mind. No one is reading this anyway so you probably won’t know the difference. Send an email to iggy at tealdragon.net. Thanks!
|Th, Aug 8||@Tampa Bay Buccaneers||7:30 PM||W 44-16|
|Th, Aug 15||Atlanta Falcons||7:30 PM||W 27-23|
|Th, Aug 22||Carolina Panthers||8:00 PM||L 34-27|
|Th, Aug 29||@Saint Louis Rams||8:00 PM||L 24-21|
|2013 Regular Season|
|Th, Sep 5||@Denver Broncos||7-4 Overall
|Su, Sep 15||Cleveland Browns||21-7 Overall
|Su, Sep 22||Houston Texans||6-1 Overall
|Su, Sep 29||@Buffalo Bills||3-2 Overall
|Su, Oct 6||@Miami Dolphins||5-5 Overall
|Su, Oct 13||Green Bay Packers||1-3 Overall
|Su, Oct 20||@pittsburgh steelers||15-22 Overall
|Su, Nov 3||@Cleveland Browns||21-7 Overall
|Su, Nov 10||Cincinnati Bengals||19-15 Overall
|Su, Nov 17||@Chicago Bears||2-2 Overall
|Su, Nov 24||New York Jets||7-1 Overall
|Th, Nov 28||pittsburgh steelers||15-22 Overall
|Su, Dec 8||Minnesota Vikings||2-2 Overall
|M, Dec 16||@Detroit Lions||2-1 Overall
|Su, Dec 22||New England Patriots||3-7 Overall
|Su, Dec 29||@Cincinnati Bengals||19-15 Overall
- NFL: Tie Breaking Procedures
- Johnny Road Trip NFL Schedules 2010-2017
- PrintYourBrackets.com Good source of printable team schedules
- NFL Rule Book
- Spotrac.com Awesome source of player contracts and impact on salary cap
“Past performance does not guarantee future success, but it sure is the way to bet!”
- NFL Week 1:
- RAVENS (+8.5) over Denver. Overall, we have improved since last year on Defense. Offensive improvements remain to be seen.
- Patriots over Buffalo (+10.5). Over/Under says that the Patriots will have those points covered by the end of the first quarter.
- Bears over Bengals (+3.5), but take the points. Bengals don’t know how to win, but the Bears are sporting a new Head Coach, fresh out of the CFL!
- Miami (+.5) over Cleveland. Miami has cornered the market on over-rated players, but this is against Cleveland!
- Saints over Falcons (+3.5). Points were tempting, but not tempting enough.
- Tampa over Jets (+2.5). Only 2.5 points? That made it a no brainer for me.
- stealers over Tennessee (+6.5), but take the points. stealers always start slow, but expect the Titans to be slower.
- Detroit over Minnesota (+4.5), but take the points. Can Detroit get it together this?
- Indy over Oakland (+9.5). Black hole swallows itself!?
- Seattle over Carolina (+3.5). Seattle could have one of the better Defenses this year.
- KC over Jacksonville (+3.5). KC now has Alex Smith, and Jacksonville still should have a team.
- Arizona (+4.5) over Rams. Not sure what why the Rams are favored… may be I’ll find out the hard way, like usual.
- Niners over Packers (+4.5). Niners have improved on Offense, but Defense might need some help.
- Giants (+3.5) over Dallas. Like usual, the NFC East is all messed up.
- skins over Philly (+3.5). RG-Knee is back and should handle the feeble Eagles.
- Houston over San Diego (+3.5). Houston is among top runners for this years AFC crown.
- Last Season:: 174-93 Straight Up, and 138-129 Against the Spread
Please send comments to Iggy at tealdragon.net